Visas & Invitation Letter
The visa requirements for business and for travel purposes are governed by the following conditions and rules:
Passports – Required, but NOT by the following:
- Holders of a valid Seaman Book travelling on duty
Passport validity – Passports must be valid for intended length of stay.
Visas – Required, but NOT by the following:
1. Nationals of Tunisia
2. For a stay up to 4 months by:
United States Citizens
3. For a stay up to 3 months by:
Nationals of Algeria, Antigua, Austria, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bosnia & Herzegovina, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Cote d’, Croatia, Denmark, Dominica, Falkland Is, Fiji, Finland, France, Gambia, Germany, Gibraltar, Gilbert Islands, Greece, Guinea, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland Rep, Italy, Japan, Kiribati, Korea (South), Kuwait, Libya, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Monaco, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Netherlands, Niger, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Saint Helena, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Slovenia, Solomon Is, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Vatican City & Yugoslavia.
4. For an unlimited stay by holders of diplomatic or special passports issued to nationals of Egypt, Korea South, Spain & Switzerland
5. Holders of diplomatic or special passports issued to nationals of Bulgaria, Italy & Poland
6. For an unlimited stay by holders of diplomatic passports and for a stay up to 6 months by holders of special passports issued to nationals of Brazil
7. For a stay up to 3 months by holders of diplomatic or special passports issued to nationals of Belgium, Benin, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Pakistan & Thailand
8. For a stay up to 1 month by holders of diplomatic or special passports issued to nationals of Hungary
- Nationals of Australia & South Africa can obtain a visa on arrival
- New Zealand Nationals must apply for a visa through the nearest center; in most cases Japan is the closest. Processing times are approximately 2-3 weeks.
Participants are requested to familiarize themselves with their own applicable visa requirements well in advance of the conference. Present worldwide security regulations generally result in more stringent visa requirements and associated longer visa processing time. The conference organizers cannot intervene with embassies or consulates on behalf of any participant.
In order to obtain a letter of invitation for visa purposes, please contact the organizing chair.