Call for Papers
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 4th IEEE Middle East Conference on Biomedical Engineering (MECBME 2018), which will be hosted by IEEE Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS) Tunisia chapter and the IEEE Tunisia section, in collaboration with the REGIM-Lab. (University of Sfax, Tunisia).
The conference will be held at the Ramada Plaza Hotel in Gammarth – Tunis (Tunisia) from March 28-30, 2018.
MECBME 2018 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Region 8 and IEEE Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS).
The Middle East Conference on Biomedical Engineering (MECBME) will provide a forum for professional engineers, scientists and academics engaged in research and development to convene and present their latest scholarly work in biomedical engineering. It will also provide engineers with an opportunity to interact and share their experiences in industry and technology applications.
The conference will run for four days and will be accompanied by diverse tutorial sessions presented by leading experts.
Relevant topics and technologies include (but are not limited to):
- Biomedical Signal and Image Processing
- Bioinstrumentation; Nanomedicine and Biosensors
- Biomedical Circuits and Systems
- Neuroengineering; Rehabilitation and Therapeutic Systems
- Biomedical Imaging
- Biomedical System Modeling
- Biomechanics; Artificial Organs and Prosthesis
- Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering
- Healthcare Information Systems and e-Health
- Clinical Engineering
- Nuclear Medicine
- Biomedical Education
- Industrial Applications
- Medical Physics
Proceedings: Registered and Presented papers will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
Paper submissions: Papers must describe original work on any of the MECBME related topics.
The submission and reviews will be handled through the Easy Chair conference management system.
Manuscript length: 6 pages maximum. This is a strict limit for initial submission. During final submission of accepted papers, authors may purchase extra pages if they find it necessary to address the concerns of the reviewers.
Single blind reviewing: MECBME follows a single-blind review process. Authors are required to include their names and affiliations in their papers as illustrated in the sample templates. Templates (Microsoft Word and LaTeX) can be found at the following link:
As the page indicates, IEEE has recently revised their LaTeX templates. If you had previously downloaded these templates please revisit this site to access the latest version.
Ethical Requirements for Authors
The conference committee requires that all authors wishing to present a paper declare that:
- The paper is substantially original and that no paper substantially similar in content has been submitted or will be submitted to any other conference or journal during the MECBME 2018 review period.
- The paper does not contain any plagiarism, and
- The paper will be presented by the author or a co-author in person.